|Electro Technical Officer Training (ETO) -
A highly specialized position, the Electro Technical Officer (ETO) in a merchant navy vessel utilizes expertise in handling all electrical equipment of the vessel unlike other engineers on board who are responsible for the engine watch keeping. The ETO training at SIMS, balances theoretical knowledge, practical skills, safety consciousness and efficiency.
- Four month residential pre-sea training at the state of the art Ship-in-Campus
- Eight months of onboard training as a trainee ETO after successful completion of the course
- Certificate of Competency (COC) Examination conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India.
- Upon receiving COC, candidate eligible to serve as an Electro Technical Officer onboard merchant ship
- Campus selection by the world’s best shipping companies