2nd Year of B.Tech Marine Engineering degree course is a 3-year fully residential course comprising of 6 semesters and includes training on Ship-in-Campus during the seventh semester. On successful completion of the term end examinations conducted by the Indian Maritime University, a Degree Certificate is awarded. Furthermore, successful candidates are entitled for exemption from the Class-IV, Part-A Examination of the Directorate General of Shipping.
Award of Qualification
3 - 8
3 years (Pre Sea)
Purely Residential, Lectures and Practical/Workshop. Practical Experience in Machine shop, Operation & Maintenance of Marine Power plant systems and Auxiliaries
B. Tech Marine Engineering
For Engine Cadet
‣ Not more than 22 years (As on the date of commencement of course)
‣ Passed 3 years Diploma course in Mechanical / Marine / Electrical / Electronics
‣ Minimum 60% Aggregate in all Semesters & Minimum 55% in last year
‣ College should be approved by AICTE / State Board of Technical Education
‣ Diploma course should be completed in 3 years.
Candidates, who have appeared in final year of Diploma and the results yet to be declared, are also eligible to appear.
Physically fit and meet the standards laid out by DG Shipping & ESM / SIMS*
English shall be one of the subjects with minimum marks scored 50% in class X or XII
6/12 in each eye or 6/9 in the better eye & 6/18 in the other eye.
Corrective lenses permitted. No colour-blindness
Candidate must be in possession of a valid passport prior to joining the course