2nd Year of B.Tech Marine Engineering degree course is a 3-year fully residential course comprising of 6 semesters and includes training on Ship-in-Campus during the seventh semester. On successful completion of the term end examinations conducted by the Indian Maritime University, a Degree Certificate is awarded. Furthermore, successful candidates are entitled for exemption from the Class-IV, Part-A Examination of the Directorate General of Shipping.
Award of Qualification
3 - 8
3 years (Pre Sea)
Purely Residential, Lectures and Practical/Workshop. Practical Experience in Machine shop, Operation & Maintenance of Marine Power plant systems and Auxiliaries
B. Tech Marine Engineering
For Engine Cadet
‣ Not more than 22 years (As on the date of commencement of course)
‣ Passed 3 years Diploma course in Mechanical or marine engineering
‣ Minimum 60% Aggregate in all Semesters & Minimum 55% in last year
‣ College should be approved by AICTE / Department of Technical Education of the state Government
‣ Diploma course should be completed in 3 years.
Candidates, who have appeared for XII examinations with the results yet to be declared, are also eligible to appear.
Physically fit and meet the standards laid out by DG Shipping & ESM / SIMS*
English shall be one of the subjects with minimum marks scored 50% in class X or XII
6/12 in each eye or 6/9 in the better eye & 6/18 in the other eye.
Corrective lenses permitted. No colour-blindness
IMU - CET
Candidate must pass Indian Maritime University, Common Entrance Test (IMU-CET)
Candidate must be in possession of a valid passport prior to joining the course
* Details of medical fitness requirements are available at www.dgshipping.com